The Metropolitan Council for Educational Opportunity, Inc. (METCO) provides students with a strong academic foundation rich in cultural, educational, ethnic, socioeconomic, and racial diversity, fostering the opportunity for children from Boston and from neighboring suburbs to develop a deeper understanding of each other in an integrated public school setting.
The Metropolitan Council for Educational Opportunity, Inc. (METCO) strives to be a leader in voluntary school integration within the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and across the nation to promote school diversity, close the achievement gap, and overcome racial barriers.
- We respect people, value diversity, and are committed to inclusion and educational equity.
- We believe in the effectiveness of a cohesive and welcoming collaborative environment.
- We maintain open and transparent decision-making processes.
- We strive to be exceptional in all that we do by establishing and achieving high expectations.
- We work to keep students central to our mission.